About UBC Today
UBC Today is a bi-monthly newsletter for all faculty and staff in Vancouver and the Okanagan. It provides a range of content to support our community in their work and help them feel a greater sense of connection to the university.
It contains a mix of non-urgent content ranging from broad institutional announcements and initiatives, to event listings, leadership profiles, and stories about faculty and staff that are posted on the Faculty & Staff page on UBC.ca.
In addition to providing compelling content, UBC Today acts as a supplementary channel to broadcast emails. For example, broadcast email may be used to make an initial wide-scale announcement, with supplementary information and/or updates in editions of the newsletter.
There are a number of different sections in UBC Today that you are invited to suggest content for. These include:
- Stay informed: Timely updates including institutional announcements and initiatives, as well as notable achievements or appointments of faculty and staff
- Your community: Stories about the interesting work you or your colleagues are doing
- Resource spotlight: Important resources and contacts that will help support faculty and staff in their work and life at UBC
- Share your voice: Something for faculty and/or staff to provide feedback or comment on, including policy consultations
- Get involved: UBC events for faculty and staff. If you would like to promote an event, please post it to the UBCevents calendar and tag it with the category “Audience — Faculty and Staff”
Content is considered for UBC Today based on the following guidelines:
- Timeliness: Is the content timely (why do faculty and staff need to know now?)
- Relevance: Does it have broad interest to faculty and staff?
- Usefulness: Is it about something that helps faculty and staff do their jobs or stay informed about the university’s priorities/goals?
- Connection: Does it help us learn more about the people who make up UBC’s faculty and staff?
Although the newsletter provides event listings, it is not used as a promotional tool to market specific events and/or announcements to faculty and staff.
UBC Today is sent to all faculty and staff in Vancouver and the Okanagan.
UBC Today is sent to faculty and staff’s primary email address listed in the Human Resource Management System (HRMS).
UBC Today is owned by Internal Communications. The Internal Communications team acts in the role of editor, although anyone in our faculty and staff community is invited to suggest content to be included in the newsletter
Newsletters are issued on a bi-weekly basis, usually on a Tuesday. If the Monday before a UBC Today release date is a holiday, it will be sent on Wednesday instead.
View the upcoming schedule of UBC Today editions.